New York, NY. International law firm Nixon Peabody LLP is pleased to congratulate five firm attorneys who were named “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective offices and practice areas by Best Lawyers for 2011. Best Lawyers is the oldest peer-review publication in the legal profession.
The attorneys honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ comprehensive peer-review surveys. The five Nixon Peabody honorees are:
- Energy and Environmental partner John Greenthal was named “Albany Environmental Lawyer of the Year.”
- Real Estate partner Thomas Greiner, Jr., was named “Rochester, NY, Land Use & Zoning Lawyer of the Year.”
- Real Estate partner John Hood was named “Rochester, NY, Real Estate Lawyer of the Year.”
- Franchise partner Art Pressman was named “Boston Franchise Lawyer of the Year.”
- Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy partner Daniel W. Sklar was named “Manchester Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Lawyer of the Year.”
This year’s results, featured in the 17th edition, are based on more than 3.1 million detailed responses by legal industry peers. Nixon Peabody had 66 attorneys from across the country and various practice groups selected for inclusion in 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.