Webinar: San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance: New Notice Obligations and Year-end Deadline
Date: December 21, 2011
Time: 10–11:30 a.m. Pacific
Location: Online webinar (access instructions e-mailed upon registration)
Changes to the San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance will take effect on December 23, 2011. HRAs must be amended by December 31 to continue in 2012.
Nixon Peabody LLP’s Labor and Employment group is providing a 2-hour online workshop to help employers address these last-minute compliance challenges.
- Overview of the San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance requirements and enforcement.
- New notice obligations and surcharge rules.
- Administering the “rolling 24-month carryover” and other HRA requirements.
- Compliance options and plan designs that work with federal health care reform.
- Possibility of ERISA preemption.
This event addresses compliance that impacts all employers with employees in San Francisco. It is particularly important for those employers and administrators who use HRAs to comply with the ordinance.
During the final half-hour, the speakers will address live participant questions using an audio conference call.
- David Foster, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Tonie Bitseff, Counsel, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Joshua Henderson, Counsel, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Robert Hayes, Owner, Custom Benefit Administrators
President, NAPBA; President, TAAC
- Jennifer Lunski, Esq., Compliance Officer, Woodruff-Sawyer + Co.