AWARDS & RANKINGS
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2013 Directory recognized three Nixon Peabody litigation practices—Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Aerospace/Aviation; Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Toxic Tort; and Trade Secrets. In addition, 16 of our attorneys received individual recognition in their respective areas of practice.
- 2013 Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst ranked Nixon Peabody 4th nationally for the number of private equity and venture capital funds that had a final close in 2012 and 14th for the number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed that year.
- The BTI Litigation Outlook 2013 report included Nixon Peabody on its Honor Roll as one of the “Most Feared Law Firms” for litigation. The firm is singled out for strong performances in IP Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Routine Commercial Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation.
- Managing IP magazine in 2013 ranked Nixon Peabody among the top 15 U.S. law firms for securing “the highest-quality patents” for clients across all industries, and also recognized the firm as a national leader in the patent category for bio life sciences.
- Chambers and Partners, publishers of guides to law firms, has ranked Nixon Peabody highly in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Nixon Peabody has been named a leader in several practices. In addition, 61 Nixon Peabody attorneys have been recognized as leaders in their fields.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers awarded Nixon Peabody top-tier honors in 67 national and metropolitan practices in its 2013 “Best Law Firms” rankings—including Franchise “Law Firm of the Year” for the second year in a row.
- Thomson Reuters has consistently ranked Nixon Peabody among the top 10 bond counsel and underwriters’ counsel firms in the country. In 2012, NP’s Public Finance practice was ranked as the 8th most active bond counsel in the nation with 61 transactions totaling $9.1 billion, and the 2nd most active underwriters’ counsel in the nation with 74 transactions totaling $13.2 billion. The firm was also ranked among the most active disclosure counsel.
- M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York recognized Nixon Peabody in 2012 for its role in a transaction named “Middle-Market Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $25 million—the divestiture by Eastman Kodak Company of its Eastman Gelatine subsidiary to Rousselot, a division of VION Food Group. The transaction was also awarded the as “Cross-Border Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $50 million. Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to Eastman Kodak in the matter.
- M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York recognized Nixon Peabody in 2011 for its role in a transaction named “Middle Market Deal of the Year” in the $100M–$250M range—the majority recapitalization of North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA)’s affiliated practice management company, NAPA Management Services Corporation (NMSC). The transaction was also awarded the “Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to NAPA and NMSC in the matter.
- The San Francisco Business Times recognized Nixon Peabody in 2011 for its role in two of Martin Building Co.’s projects named “best financial” deals among the publication's annual “Deals of the Year.” Martin Building Co. was recognized for its creative financing in their effort to build two housing projects in San Francisco. Nixon Peabody served as Martin Building's legal counsel for both projects.
- The American Lawyer named partners Lori Green and Bill Andrews “Dealmakers of the Year” by for their work on the CapX 2020 Utilities transactions. (April 2011)
- The Bond Buyer recognized the Commonwealth of Massachusetts billion-dollar accelerated bridge program as both Northeast Regional Deal of the Year and the 2011 Deal of the Year. Honorees were cited by the publication’s editors for being some of the country’s most innovative, strategically risky and financially complex. Additionally, winners were recognized for being model deals for future financings and their eventual public purposes served.
- Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award has honored Nixon Peabody as a finalist for 2013.
- Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index gave Nixon Peabody its highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Nixon Peabody was named to the HRC’s 2013 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of women at law firms, recognized Nixon Peabody with a Gold Standard Certification Award. Achieving this distinction means that a significant number of women have attained the highest leadership levels at Nixon Peabody. The firm is one of only 50 law firms to meet WILEF’s “Gold Standard” criteria.
- A Better City (ABC) has recognized Nixon Peabody as a sustainability leader. A Better City (ABC) is a Boston-based, independent, membership-based organization that works to improve the economic competitiveness and quality of life of the Greater Boston region by advancing significant transportation, land development and environmental policies, projects and initiatives.
- Computerworld acknowledged Nixon Peabody as one of the top 12 green information technology organizations. The publication, written for senior I.T. industry leaders, chose the winners from a group of 70 applicants, each striving to find new ways to reduce energy consumption in their I.T. equipment and use technology to lower energy use elsewhere in their operations.
- Work Life Matters magazine named Nixon Peabody among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” by in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives. Work Life Matters is a national publication that educates executives and advocates about the importance of work life services and resources throughout the nation’s workforce.
- The Boston Business Journal recognized Nixon Peabody as one of the recipients of its “2011 Leaders in Diversity Awards,” the publication’s annual program honoring companies and businesspeople for their leadership in promoting inclusiveness and economic opportunity. Nixon Peabody’s Diversity Challenge was a winner in the “Workforce Diversity Initiative” category. The Diversity Challenge is a commitment from a broad cross-section of the firm's personnel to promote diversity at the firm through varying initiatives and/or activities.
- Vault included Nixon Peabody in its 2012 rankings of the “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.” Nixon Peabody was ranked in three categories, earning #17 for overall diversity, #17 for diversity with respect to minorities, and #13 for diversity with respect to LGBT. Vault’s 2012 rankings were based on the responses of 16,000 associates across the U.S. This is the second time Vault has recognized Nixon Peabody for outstanding diversity.
- The Rosoff Awards recognized Nixon Peabody in the “Diversity Initiative: Internal” category for its firm wide “Diversity Challenge” program that focuses on driving diverse recruiting and retention. The program challenges each attorney to devote 40 hours annually to a diversity initiative or activity.
- MultiCultural Law magazine ranked Nixon Peabody LLP among the “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” in its Spring 2011 issue. The magazine annually recognizes the nation’s top firms for excellence in ensuring diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. Nixon Peabody not only earned distinction as a top firm overall, but the firm’s efforts were also acknowledged in a sub-category, earning a spot on the “Top 100 Law Firms for Women.”