AWARDS & RANKINGS
- BTI Litigation Outlook 2016 Report. Nixon Peabody named a “powerhouse” in product liability litigation.
- 2016 U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® rankings. More than 120 attorneys representing 60+ practice areas recognized, as well as 7 attorneys recognized as 2016 “Lawyers of the Year.”
- 2015 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. 63 Nixon Peabody attorneys recognized as leaders in their fields. Nationally ranked practices include Franchising & Distribution and Investment funds: Private equity: Fund formation, with numerous other national and metropolitan practices recognized.
- 2015 Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Six partners recognized as leaders in their fields. Nationally ranked practices include Private equity: Fund formation, and Franchising.
- 2015 Legal 500. Recommended in five practice areas, including Litigation—Product liability and mass tort defense: Aerospace/aviation; Litigation—Product liability and mass tort defense: Toxic tort; Litigation—Trade secrets; M&A/corporate and commercial—M&A: Middle-market; and Real estate and construction—Real estate. Fourteen lawyers recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2015’s editorial.
- 2015 U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings. Awarded top-tier honors in 76 national and metropolitan practices. Also earned top honors as “Law Firm of the Year” for the third time, for Franchising & Distribution.
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine. Ranked #7 overall for securing high-quality patents, and ranked in the top ten for information technology, health care (pharma/bio), consumer electronics/discretionary, and industrials. (2015)
- M&A Advisor “Restructuring Deal of the Year.” Recognized for our work on the acquisition of NP health care client St. Francis Hospital and Health Center’s assets by Westchester Medical Center. (2014)
- Eighth Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards “Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody recognized for our role in the acquisition of the assets of the Westerly Hospital by LMW Healthcare, Inc. (2014)
- 2013 Smith’s Research & Gradings “High Yield Deal of the Year” and Infrastructure Journal and Project Finance Magazine’s “North American Petrochemicals Deal of the Year.” For the Iowa Fertilizer project, a project financing for a $1.8 billion nitrogen-based fertilizer production plant. Nixon Peabody served as underwriter’s counsel to Citi.
- 2013 Bond Buyer “Far West Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody served as special counsel to the California Pollution Control Financing Authority for its Water Furnishing Revenue Bonds, Poseidon Resources Desalination Project, Series 2012.
- 2013 Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst. Ranked 4th nationally for the number of private equity and venture capital funds that had a final close in 2012 and 14th for the number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed that year.
- 2013 BTI Litigation Outlook “Most Feared Law Firms” for Litigation Honor Roll. Nixon Peabody is singled out for strength in IP Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Routine Commercial Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation.
- 2013 Managing IP magazine national patent category leader for Bio Life Sciences. Top 15 U.S. law firm for securing “the highest-quality patents” for clients across all industries.
- 2012 Thomson Reuters. Public Finance practice ranked as the 8th most active bond counsel in the nation, and the 2nd most active underwriters’ counsel. Also ranked among the most active disclosure counsel.
- 2012 M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York “Middle-Market Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $25 million. Divestiture by Eastman Kodak Company of its Eastman Gelatine subsidiary to Rousselot, a division of VION Food Group. The transaction was also awarded the as “Cross-Border Deal of the Year” for transactions between $5 and $50 million. Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to Eastman Kodak in the matter.
- 2011 M&A Advisor and the Association for Corporate Growth New York “Middle Market Deal of the Year” in the $100M–$250M range. Majority recapitalization of North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA)’s affiliated practice management company, NAPA Management Services Corporation (NMSC). The transaction was also awarded the “Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year.” Nixon Peabody served as legal counsel to NAPA and NMSC in the matter.
- 2011 San Francisco Business Times “Deals of the Year.” Recognized for our role in two of Martin Building Co.’s projects. Nixon Peabody served as Martin Building’s legal counsel for both projects.
- 2011 American Lawyer “Dealmakers of the Year” Partners Lori Green and Bill Andrews recognized for their work on the CapX 2020 Utilities transactions.
- 2011 Bond Buyer “Northeast Regional Deal of the Year” and “Deal of the Year.” Commonwealth of Massachusetts billion-dollar accelerated bridge program.
- Equality Illinois (EQIL). Specified as one of the top Illinois firms for LGBT diversity and inclusive.
- 2015 Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. Highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Also named to the HRC’s 2015 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- 2013 Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award. Nixon Peabody honored as a finalist.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Gold Standard Certification Award.
- A Better City (ABC). Recognized as a sustainability leader.
- Computerworld. Acknowledged as one of the top 12 green information technology organizations.
- Work Life Matters magazine. Named among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” by in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives.
- 2012 Vault “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.”
- Boston Business Journal “2011 Leaders in Diversity Awards.” Recognized for our leadership in promoting inclusiveness and economic opportunity. Our Diversity Challenge was a winner in the “Workforce Diversity Initiative” category.
- The Rosoff Awards “Diversity Initiative: Internal.” Recognized for our firmwide “Diversity Challenge” program.
- 2011 MultiCultural Law magazine “Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity” and “Top 100 Law Firms for Women.”