We bring our collective knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to solve traditional and emerging challenges with charitable giving.
Charitable giving is the lifeblood of the nonprofit world. Proper structure and implementation of charitable giving programs are necessary to keep institutions moving forward.
Our team counsels extensively on the solicitation of charitable gifts and bequests, donor tax, property, securities and trust and estate law implications of gifts. Our long-standing and varied experience dealing with endowment and other restricted gift issues gives us a unique perspective on structuring restrictions and using and investing donated funds.
With major gifts and planned giving comes opportunity.
We establish and aid in the legal administration of pooled income funds, charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts, supporting foundations and trusts, charitable gift annuity programs and a number of diverse restricted and unrestricted gifts.
We give sound advice and a useful perspective and strive to accomplish the long-term objectives of our clients to bring success in the future, whether it’s navigating the laws governing investment, advising donors on the structure of charitable donations or establishing a charitable remainder trust.
Who we work with
- Charitable organizations
- Colleges and universities
- Hospitals and health care systems
- Religious institutions
- Museums and cultural organizations
- Professional schools
- We represent a large, multinational corporate foundation with respect to the implementation of its charitable giving and marketing program. Through a thoughtful approach to corporate philanthropy, we have been able to maximize the goodwill generated through the program, while identifying tax-smart methods to conserve scarce cash to fund the annual grantmaking budget. Recently, we helped extend this model to the United Kingdom.
- We structured a contribution by a Fortune 500 company to a community group interested in the economic development of a former industrial site. Our innovative approach was responsible for major cost savings to all parties involved.