We have developed a unique and effective approach to helping our clients succeed in China and now work with our Chinese clients as they expand abroad.
Our China practice was built with the current and future needs of our clients—not on past models.
Clients need us to provide a solution for their China-related legal needs anywhere. We combine sophisticated U.S. counsel, international ability and unmatched local acumen to create powerfully effective legal solutions, including:
- New entity formation
- Patent, trademark and copyright protection
- Dispute resolution and problem solving
- Raising and deploying capital internationally
- Compliance tasks in China and abroad
- Hiring employees
Nixon Peabody has offices in Shanghai and Hong Kong, strengthened by alliances with two of the region’s most accomplished and respected law firms.
In Hong Kong, we’re associated with CWL Partners and in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) we have an alliance with Hylands Law Firm. All three firms have a close working relationship, resulting in excellent levels of service for our clients.
In total, we have relationships with more than 300 lawyers in seven cities in China, with access to a cross-section of talent that provides our clients with comprehensive support for any China-related transaction or dispute.
We work with
- U.S. and European companies expanding their operations into China
- Chinese companies expanding into the U.S. and Europe
- Investors, inbound and outbound
- International private clients and wealth management
- Nonprofits exploring new opportunities
Disclaimer: The Hong Kong office of Nixon Peabody LLP operates as a foreign law firm registered with the Law Society of Hong Kong. Nixon Peabody LLP also practices law in Hong Kong in association with CWL Partners, a Hong Kong law firm registered with the Law Society of Hong Kong.