We help clients in music, TV, film, new media and book publishing position themselves as worldwide brands.
The consumption of entertainment content will continue to evolve at a rapid pace and so must our approach to guiding clients. Our job is to help clients navigate this new and evolving environment and diversify the types of content they participate in, produce and endorse. Our entertainment attorneys help clients find the right strategic partners, creatively structure deals and protect their rights across all entertainment platforms.
We understand the drivers of your business from the talent and corporate side, since many of the attorneys in our entertainment group have worked in music, fashion and digital media before joining our firm. With this unique experience, we offer clients an unparalleled level of industry insight and knowledge when dealing with entertainment issues and transactions.
We think and act like entrepreneurs and business partners of our clients. Our team helps clients evaluate risks and strategic opportunities. Our clients rely on us to be their trusted advisor to help navigate their legal matters. We love working side by side with all different types of artists and entertainers to help them grow, expand and protect their business.
Who we work with
- Superstar talent in music, TV, film, live theater, book publishing, fashion and digital media
- Established and start-up production companies operating in both scripted and unscripted media
- Major broadcast and cable television networks
- Consumer products companies that engage talent and license entertainment content
- Established and start-up fashion brands
- The Notorious B.I.G.'s Family Talks Managing His Life after Death
Billboard Magazine | October 6, 2016
Los Angeles IP Counseling & Transactions partner Julian Petty is featured in this article highlighting the team who manages the Estate of Notorious B.I.G.
- Executive Style Office: Musical Cues
Los Angeles Business Journal | October 3, 2016
This feature article showcases Los Angeles IP Counseling & Transactions partner Julian Petty, leader of the firm’s entertainment practice, and his work through photos of his office and the mementos he’s collected through the years.
- The Styled Side: Style and Legal Hurdles at the Olympics
KPCC-FM (NPR Los Angeles affiliate) | August 10, 2016
Los Angeles IP counseling and transactions partner Staci Riordan is quoted in this article about controversies surrounding corporate sponsorships at the 2016 Summer Olympics.