Diversity enlivens our workplace. It jostles traditional thinking and brings rich experience to our clients and communities.
Our priority is to attract, retain and promote individuals of all genders. And our talent must reflect an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious and personal backgrounds. Nixon Peabody is recognized as a diversity leader by important measures like the Corporate Equality Index. We are incredibly proud of our 100% rating and actively work to keep it.
While we are proud of our diversity record, we know our actions going forward are the more important story. Through continuous attention to recruitment, training, mentoring and policies we will achieve our goal of ever greater diversity in the future.
- ACLU Foundation LGBT Advocacy Award (2014)
- Chambers: Women in Law—Most Innovative Gender Initiative award has honored Nixon Peabody as a finalist for 2013.
- Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index gave Nixon Peabody its highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America. Nixon Peabody was named to the HRC’s 2013 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of women at law firms, recognized Nixon Peabody with a Gold Standard Certification Award. Achieving this distinction means that a significant number of women have attained the highest leadership levels at Nixon Peabody. The firm is one of only 50 law firms to meet WILEF’s “Gold Standard” criteria.
- Work Life Matters magazine named Nixon Peabody among the “Top Companies for LGBT Equality” in recognition of the firm’s diversity programs and initiatives. Work Life Matters is a national publication that educates executives and advocates about the importance of work life services and resources throughout the nation’s workforce.
- Vault included Nixon Peabody in its 2012 rankings of the “Top 100 Firms for Diversity.” Nixon Peabody was ranked in three categories, earning #17 for overall diversity, #17 for diversity with respect to minorities and #13 for diversity with respect to LGBT. Vault’s 2012 rankings were based on the responses of 16,000 associates across the U.S. This is the second time Vault has recognized Nixon Peabody for outstanding diversity.
- The Rosoff Awards recognized Nixon Peabody in the “Diversity Initiative: Internal” category for its firmwide “Diversity Challenge” program that focuses on driving diverse recruiting and retention. The program challenges each attorney to devote 40 hours annually to a diversity initiative or activity.
- Women Are Leading Law Firms
Long Island Business News | March 14, 2014
Real Estate practice group leader Denise Pursley, immediate past Long Island office managing partner, is quoted in this piece discussing female leaders in the law.
- Law Firm Nixon Peabody Seeks a New Take on an Old Brand
Washington Post | January 6, 2014
In this feature article, CEO and Managing Partner Andrew Glincher discusses the firm’s new brand and how we are taking unconventional approaches to some of the challenges facing the legal industry. IPED and NP Capital Connector, as well as our Diversity Challenge, are highlighted in the piece.
- The Case for GLBT Seniors Housing
Affordable Housing Finance | September 24, 2013
Washington, DC, Affordable Housing partner Randy Kelly discusses the need for seniors housing for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.