Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- A price on their heads: U.S. DOJ targets execs
New Hampshire Business Review | May 13, 2016
Partner and Government Investigations & White Collar Defense practice group leader Dave Vicinanzo authored this column about the “Yates Memorandum” that revises the Department of Justice’s policy that targets individual employees and executives in investigations, prosecutions and resolutions of corporate wrongdoing.
- Is the SEC Making Cannava a Scapegoat In 38 Studios Case?
The Bond Buyer | May 11, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in this article discussing the memorandum of law in support of Peter Cannava’s motion to dismiss the SEC’s complaint against him.
- Feds probe City Hall's dealings with Boston Calling
The Boston Globe | April 29, 2016
Boston government investigations and white collar defense partner Brian Kelly is referenced throughout this article that discusses an investigation of union tactics associated with Boston’s popular music festival, Boston Calling.