Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Questions—and answers—on ‘U.S. v. Tsarnaev'
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly | March 24, 2014
Industry sources including Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discuss the case against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- Latest Insider-Trading Case Highlights Law Firms' Risks
Wall Street Journal | March 21, 2014
Partner and leader of the firm’s Privacy & Data Protection practice Linn Freedman provides commentary in this article about the need for law firms to properly safeguard confidential client information.
- Latest Ukraine-Related Sanctions Likely Won't Be The Last
Law360 | March 18, 2014
Washington, DC, Global Business & Transactions counsel Alexandra Lopez-Casero, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin and Government Relations counsel Doug Dziak discuss the likely series of government sanctions in response to the Russia-Ukraine crisis.