Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Feds could shift focus in attempt to find cash
Boston Herald | January 5, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted article discussing the latest in the James “Whitey” Bulger saga. The story notes that Bulger’s girlfriend will plead guilty to a contempt charge in a move that could force federal investigators to target other confidants in their mission to uncover millions of missing dollars.
- After sex assault charges, Bill Cosby faces jail time—and his legal battles are just beginning
Washington Post | December 31, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly provides third-party commentary regarding the arraignment and criminal charge against actor Bill Cosby. Brian discusses the importance of evidentiary rulings in this case.
- Probe clears City Hall in ‘Top Chef’ extortion claim
Boston Globe | December 29, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar defense partner Brian Kelly is featured in this coverage about the findings of his three-month investigation of the local Teamsters’ alleged extortion related to the June 2014 filming of Top Chef in Boston.