Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- UMass Ends Student Drug Informant Program
Associated Press | January 15, 2015
The University of Massachusetts-Amherst has ended a program allowing campus police to use students as drug informants. The following coverage notes former Middlesex County District Attorney and Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone led the University’s review of the program.
- In such cases, civic duty may impose a heavy burden
Boston Globe | January 12, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone discusses the civic duty required of the 18 people chosen to decide the fate of the accused Boston Marathon bomber—a far heavier burden than most jurors are asked to bear.
- Boston Marathon Trial
WCVB-TV (ABC Boston) | January 12, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar defense partner Brian Kelly discusses the impact of social media posts by potential jurors or other related persons on the trial of the accused Boston Marathon bomber.