Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Could new technology solve the Gardner heist?
Boston Globe | August 15, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly discusses how new technology could impact the investigation into the 1990 Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum artwork heist.
- The Vanishing FCPA ‘Facilitating Payments' Exception
Law360 | August 13, 2015
Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense associate Emily Harlan and Boston partner and deputy leader of the Government Investigations & White Collar Defense practice Danielle Pelot coauthored this article focusing on what companies doing business in foreign countries need to know about the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act’s facilitating payments exception.
- Tipsters: We Know Gardner Heist Thief
The Daily Beast | August 13, 2015
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly weighs in on the investigation surrounding new developments in a famous art heist at the Gardner Museum in Boston.