Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- SEC cites Wells Fargo with fraud in failed Curt Schilling startup
USA Today | March 7, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in this article about the fraud charges against Wells Fargo in connection with Curt Schilling’s former video game company. Brian is noted as representing Wells Fargo’s banker.
- Federal appeals court rejects Whitey Bulger's plea for a new trial
Boston Globe | March 4, 2016
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly is quoted in this article about the recent federal appeals court’s unanimous rejection of Whitey Bulger’s plea for a new trial.
- Nixon Peabody Adds DOJ Vet to White Collar Group
Law360 | March 2, 2016
This feature story highlights the arrival of Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Tina Sciocchetti.