Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- AG-Elect Healey Names Transition Team
State House News Service | November 25, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone, former Middlesex district attorney, is named as a member of Attorney General-elect Maura Healey’s transition team.
- Wind River Case May Signal Change for Encryption Exports
Law360 | November 20, 2014
Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin and associate Emily Harlan authored this column on the settlement between the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and Wind River Systems Inc., and the larger implications that BIS may be tightening the reins on encryption exports.
- Why the Robel Phillipos Verdict Could Be Bad for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's Defense
Boston Globe | October 28, 2014
A friend of the accused Boston Marathon bomber was found guilty of lying to investigators. Former state and federal prosecutor and Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone is quoted discussing the implications of the verdict for bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.