Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- U.S. Granted Ex-Star Scientific CEO Rare Blanket Immunity
Richmond Times-Dispatch | July 12, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly discusses federal prosecutors’ strategy for offering immunity in some cases and how this impacts the potential success of a case.
- A Jury Full of Questions: Jurors, judge at Probation trial active players in courtroom
CommonWealth | July 11, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone provides commentary on active jury participation in the federal corruption trial of former state probation officials.
- BNP Paribas OFAC Settlement — Another Warning To Banks
Law360 | July 10, 2014
Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin and associate Lindsey Nelson authored this column discussing increased settlements involving violations of U.S. sanctions by major financial institutions.