Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
To assure the best possible outcome, businesses, executives, and other individuals who receive requests for information from federal or state investigative agencies need immediate counsel from attorneys experienced in handling government investigations. This is especially critical in the current environment because governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
The lawyers of Nixon Peabody’s Government Investigations & White Collar Defense practice have extensive counseling, investigating, and litigating experience in all forms of government inquiry. Our representation is national in scope and includes managing matters from the investigation stage through the grand jury process, trial, and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive administrative or other subpoenas, or any other requests for information from federal or state investigative agencies. We:
- conduct internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients and prepare investigative reports;
- establish compliance programs to help avoid government actions in the first place;
- formulate strategies and respond to informal requests for information, document subpoenas, and search warrants; and
- represent clients who are targets, subjects, or witnesses in governmental proceedings in criminal trials and other criminal proceedings to ensure that their legal rights and interests are defended at all times
Nixon Peabody’s Government Investigations & White Collar Criminal Defense practice was recognized in the 2011–2012 U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings, earning honors nationally and in Boston and Washington, DC.
- Herbalife Raises Estimate of Legal Costs Amid Pyramid Allegations
Los Angeles Times | May 4, 2013
Los Angeles Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Jason Gonzalez provides commentary regarding allegations that the nutritional products company Herbalife is participating in a pyramid scheme.
- Could your Organization be Subject to False Claims Penalties for ICD Procedures
The Advisory Board Daily Briefing | May 3, 2013
New York City Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner David Feldman participated in this Q&A discussing the impact of Department of Justice investigations into implanted cardioverter defibrillator procedures and recommendations for providers.
- Export Controls Reform: Understanding the 600 Series
Law360 | May 2, 2013
A team of Washington, DC, attorneys, including Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin and associate Lindsey Nelson, Global Business & Transactions associate Alexandra Lopez-Casero, and Private Equity & Investment Funds associate Nick Rosenberg, co-authored this column discussing the introduction of the “600 series,” which changes the rules applicable to companies that have items listed on the U.S. Munitions List.