Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
Who we work with
Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including, among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Whitey Bulger Documentary Q&A
CNN | September 19, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly, prosecutor in the James “Whitey” Bulger case, participates in this panel discussion following a preview presentation of CNN’s documentary: Whitey: US v. James J. Bulger. Click here to see the video clip.
- Assessing the Financial Impact of 4.5 Million Stolen Health Records
Forbes | August 25, 2014
This column discusses the impact of Community Health System’s data breach. Partner and leader of the firm’s Privacy & Data Security team Linn Freedman acts as a third-party source.
- CHS Starts Notification Process Following Huge Breach
Health Data Management | August 19, 2014
Partner and leader of the firm’s Privacy & Data Protection group Linn Freedman provides third-party commentary on Community Health Systems’ data breach of protected health information.