Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- Tornado Victims Get Relief Fund
Boston Herald | August 2, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone has been appointed to oversee the Revere Tornado Relief Fund, benefitting those impacted by the tornado which hit the town outside Boston.
- The Biggest Banking Cases of 2014: Midyear Report
Law360 | July 25, 2014
This feature story focuses on some of the most prominent banking rulings and resolutions in 2014. DC Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin discusses BNP Paribas’ agreement to pay just under $9 billion to federal and New York state regulators to settle violation of U.S. sanctions claims.
- Azamat Tazhayakov verdict could affect related court cases
Boston Globe | July 22, 2014
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Brian Kelly discusses the implications of the obstruction of justice conviction of one of the Boston Marathon bomber’s friends.