Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATIONS & WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
We protect our clients’ reputations and safeguard the future of their businesses through effective compliance programs, efficient investigations and strategic representation in the courtroom.
Governmental regulations are increasingly enforced through criminal prosecution rather than mere civil fines.
Our team has extensive proficiency in counseling, investigating and litigating all forms of government inquiry. Our nationwide representation includes managing matters from the investigation and grand jury stages through trial and, if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings.
We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive civil investigative demands, subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal prosecutors, state prosecutors or investigative agencies.
Our services include:
- Conducting internal investigations and preparing investigative reports on behalf of corporate clients
- Establishing compliance programs
- Responding to informal requests for information, subpoenas and search warrants
- Formulating investigative and defense strategies
- Providing counsel to defendants in civil cases or targets, subjects or witnesses in criminal proceedings to defend their legal rights and interests
We work with
- Individuals in a wide variety of industries, including among others:
- Life sciences and heath care
- Financial services and securities
- National security and defense
- Higher education
- Public policy and government relations
- What's Next For Whitey Bulger
WBZ-TV (CBS Boston) | November 14, 2013
This Q&A with Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone is focused on the sentencing of James “Whitey” Bulger.
- Former DA Honored for Domestic Violence Prevention
MBA Lawyers E-Journal | October 31, 2013
This article profiles Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone, who was honored at multiple events during Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Lauren Astley murder draws attention to teen breakup violence
48 Hours (CBS) | October 26, 2013
Boston Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Gerry Leone, former Middlesex District Attorney, discusses the Lauren Astley murder case.