Our graduate medical education (GME) team brings together an interdisciplinary team of lawyers to navigate the complexities of establishing and maintaining GME enterprises both in the U.S. and abroad.
We know what it takes to establish and maintain accreditation, servicing hundreds of GME programs across the country. And the world.
Our team counsels clients on all issues related to their GME programs.
Our international reputation and comprehensive industry knowledge set us apart from other consultants and advisors. We’ve successfully handled hundreds of accreditation matters for health care providers, medical and professional schools, academic medical centers and GME institutions and programs.
Our services and experience include:
- Compliance with ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education), AOA (American Osteopathic Association) and other accrediting bodies’ standards
- Challenging adverse actions taken by accrediting bodies
- GME reimbursement
- Resident disciplinary, licensure and credentialing issues
- Applications and planning for new programs and new sponsoring institutions
- GME policies, resident contracts and affiliation agreements (program and institutional)
- National resident matching program disputes and arbitrations
- Duty hours compliance
- Health reform
- Downsizing, closure or merger of programs/institutions
- Litigation pertaining to GME
- Unique medico-legal or accreditation issues
- The Next Accreditation System
We also work closely with program directors, faculty and administrators to develop and conduct seminars to continually educate their residents and faculty on various recurring and emerging themes.
International Medical Education & Accreditation Advisors (IMEAA)
In response to the establishment of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education International (ACGME-I), we have formed the IMEAA team to address the specific needs of those seeking to establish ACGME-accredited residency training programs outside of the U.S.
We work with
- Academic medical centers
- Graduate medical education (GME) institutions and programs
- Health care providers
- Medical and professional schools
Our GME clients have included some of the finest institutions, including New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia and Cornell campuses), New York University, University of Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, among others, and we have advised hundreds of residency programs across scores of specialties and subspecialties