As health care access, delivery and reimbursement experience massive transformation, our business-focused health lawyers partner with clients to secure a competitive advantage and clear the path to future success.
The health care industry is in a state of constant reinvention and transformation.
These changes, spurred in part by health reform, create an extremely complex landscape that presents as many opportunities as it does challenges.
Our cross-disciplinary team tracks the trends that impact delivery, cost, access and quality of health care. We use our working industry knowledge and insight to help clients manage and implement the changes to their businesses that help them thrive in this rapidly evolving industry.
We bring our firmwide collective knowledge to create success with clients who are shaping the future of health care.
As an unrivaled leader in an industry facing unparalleled challenges, we specialize in health care delivery, corporate organization, government programs, emerging payment programs, managed care models and a vast array of other cutting edge issues.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Physician/hospital organizations and independent physician groups
- Accountable care organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics and freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities
- Long-term care and home health agencies
- Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Private Equity Firms
- Biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies
- Psychiatric facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- DME suppliers
Rankings & Honors
- Ranked in New York and Massachusetts for Healthcare in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked nationally in Legal 500 USA Industry focus: Healthcare
- Ranked nationally in U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Health Care Law and received metropolitan rankings in Health Care Law in Albany, Boston, New York City and Rhode Island
- Ranked nationally by Modern Healthcare—Largest Healthcare Law Firm
- Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care law
- Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law
- Recognized by the American Bar Association’s Health Law Section in its first Annual Regional Law Firm Recognition Program
- 7 Issues to Watch in 'Doc Fix' Aftermath
Law360 | April 15, 2015
Albany Health Care partner Laurie Cohen is quoted in this article on Congress’ newly minted “doc fix” changing the Medicare reimbursement formula for physicians.
- J.H. Whitney Acquires Pediatric Services Holding Corporation
The Deal | March 25, 2015
Nixon Peabody is noted among J.H. Whitney Capital Partners’ legal counsel in this article on the private equity firm’s acquisition of Pediatric Services Holding Corp, the parent company of PSA Healthcare.
- Someone with Such Strong Character Stays with You
OneJustice Blog | March 25, 2015
Los Angeles Health Care associate Jennifer Cormano is featured in this Q&A discussing NP's pro bono involvement with the DIRECTV legal clinic.