As health care access, delivery and reimbursement experience massive transformation, our business-focused health lawyers partner with clients to secure a competitive advantage and clear the path to future success.
The health care industry is in a state of constant reinvention and transformation.
These changes, spurred in part by health reform, create an extremely complex landscape that presents as many opportunities as it does challenges.
Our cross-disciplinary team tracks the trends that impact delivery, cost, access and quality of health care. We use our working industry knowledge and insight to help clients manage and implement the changes to their businesses that help them thrive in this rapidly evolving industry.
We bring our firmwide collective knowledge to create success with clients who are shaping the future of health care.
As an unrivaled leader in an industry facing unparalleled challenges, we specialize in health care delivery, corporate organization, government programs, emerging payment programs, managed care models and a vast array of other cutting edge issues.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Physician/hospital organizations and independent physician groups
- Accountable care organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics and freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities
- Long-term care and home health agencies
- Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Private Equity Firms
- Biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies
- Psychiatric facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- DME suppliers
Rankings & Honors
- U.S. News/Best Lawyers has named Nixon Peabody “Law Firm of the Year” in Health Care Law in 2016
- Ranked nationally in U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Health Care Law and received metropolitan rankings in Health Care Law in Albany, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City and Rhode Island
- Ranked in Illinois, Massachusetts and New York for Healthcare in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked nationally by Modern Healthcare—Largest Healthcare Law Firm
- Recognized lawyers by Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care law
- Recognized lawyers by Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law
- Recognized by the American Bar Association’s Health Law Section in its Annual Regional Law Firm Recognition Program
- The FDA's Priority List For 2016
Law360 | January 29, 2016
Chicago Health Care associates Erica Cribbs, Gretchen Harper and April Schweitzer co-authored this column discussing the Food and Drug Administration’s priorities for the year.
- Gov. Christie rejects N.J. hospital tax-exemption bill
Modern Healthcare | January 20, 2016
This article discusses a New Jersey bill mandating not-for-profit hospitals contribute to local municipalities instead of paying property taxes, noting a veto by the New Jersey governor came just one day before the Illinois Department of Revenue confirmed that it has temporarily stopped reviewing hospitals' applications for property tax exemptions. Chicago Health Care partner John Durso provides general commentary on these tax-exemption issues.
- Washington Oks last-minute changes to health care rules
Rochester Business Journal | January 4, 2016
Rochester partner and leader of our Health and Welfare Employee Benefits team, Kate Saracene provides commentary in this feature article discussing the potential impact of recent changes to the Affordable Care Act.