As health care access, delivery and reimbursement experience massive transformation, our business-focused health lawyers partner with clients to secure a competitive advantage and clear the path to future success.
Stay connected to legal developments in a broad array of health care law topics and events by signing up for our Health Law Alert.
The health care industry is in a state of constant reinvention and transformation.
These changes, spurred in part by health reform, create an extremely complex landscape that presents as many opportunities as it does challenges.
Our cross-disciplinary team tracks the trends that impact delivery, cost, access and quality of health care. We use our working industry knowledge and insight to help clients manage and implement the changes to their businesses that help them thrive in this rapidly evolving industry.
We bring our firmwide collective knowledge to create success with clients who are shaping the future of health care.
As an unrivaled leader in an industry facing unparalleled challenges, we specialize in health care delivery, corporate organization, government programs, emerging payment programs, managed care models and a vast array of other cutting edge issues.
We work with
- Hospitals and health systems
- Academic medical centers and community hospitals
- Physician/hospital organizations and independent physician groups
- Accountable care organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Clinics and freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities
- Long-term care and home health agencies
- Nursing homes and assisted-living facilities
- Private Equity Firms
- Biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical companies
- Digital health companies
- Psychiatric facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- DME suppliers
Rankings & Honors
- U.S. News/Best Lawyers has named Nixon Peabody “Law Firm of the Year” in Health Care Law in 2016
- “Deal of the Year” for Health Care Financing by The Bond Buyer for Presence Health Network 2016 bond offering
- Ranked nationally in U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in Health Care Law and received metropolitan rankings in Health Care Law in Albany, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City and Rhode Island
- Ranked in Illinois, Massachusetts and New York for Healthcare in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked nationally by Modern Healthcare—Largest Healthcare Law Firm
- Recognized lawyers by Best Lawyers in America in the field of Health Care law
- Recognized lawyers by Super Lawyers in the area of Health Care law
- Recognized by the American Bar Association’s Health Law Section in its Annual Regional Law Firm Recognition Program
- Ones to watch
Long Island Business News | November 7, 2016
Long Island health care group partner Michael Taubin’s new role as health care practice leader is highlighted in this story.
- Providers face uphill climb after 2016 election, experts say
McKnight's Long-Term Care News | November 1, 2016
This article focuses on the outcome of the U.S. election may affect long-term care providers. Chicago health care partner John Durso is quoted in this piece discussing how doctors and hospitals are focused on accountable care organizations to reduce per capita costs.
- Rainmaker Q&A: Nixon Peabody's Jill Gordon
Law360 | October 3, 2016
Los Angeles health care partner Jill Gordon is featured in this series of Q&As with legal industry leaders.