Health Care Reform
HEALTH CARE REFORM
The Supreme Court of the United States issued its decision on the constitutionality of federal health care reform on June 28, 2012. Nixon Peabody’s attorneys reviewed the decision and provided a complimentary webinar to help employers interpret and understand the Supreme Court’s ruling.
Beyond the Supreme Court’s decision
In addition to discussing the court’s decision, Nixon Peabody’s attorneys and professionals are available to help clients address the significant legal and operational challenges posed by health care reform since the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) more than two years ago.
Regulations and extra-regulatory guidance are continually being implemented, and they impact nearly every employer. Our Employee Benefits team has been monitoring these mandates, advising employers on how to comply with the scheduled mandates. These range from reporting and disclosure requirements for health policies to extensive changes in the scope of health care plan coverage to new collective bargaining rules and new subsidies, fines, and taxes.
Nixon Peabody’s Health Services team is closely following health care reform and is prepared to offer counsel on the tremendous impact the decision and other reforms will have on the health care industry.
Health Reform Resource Center Links
Health Reform Resource Center Documents
- Supreme Court ACA Decision (June 28, 2012)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (March 23, 2010)
- Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (March 30, 2010)
- PPACA and HCERA Consolidated Version
- Compilation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (As Amended Through May 1, 2010)
- Proposed Rule: Medicaid Payments for Services Furnished by Certain Primary Care Physicians and Charges for Vaccine Administration under the Vaccines for Children Program (May 11, 2012)
- Final Rule: Medicaid Program Community First Choice Option (May 7, 2012)
- Medicare and Medicaid Programs Final Rule: Changes in Provider and Supplier Enrollment, Ordering and Referring, and Documentation Requirements; and Changes in Provider Agreements (April 27, 2012)
- Medicare and Medicaid Programs Interim Final Rule: Changes in Provider and Supplier Enrollment, Ordering and Referring, and Documentation Requirements; and Changes in Provider Agreements (May 5, 2010)
- CMS Announces First Accountable Care Organizations under the Medicare Shared Savings Program (April 10, 2012)
- Additional Guidance on the Medicare Plan Selection Process for Organizations Interested in Offering Capitated Financial Alignment Demonstration Plans in 2012 (March 29, 2012)
- Amid Rollout of Affordable Care Act, Firms Face Challenge in Boosting Health Care Practices
Daily Journal | October 22, 2013
Los Angeles Health Services partner Jill Gordon discusses the impact of the Affordable Care Act on law firms.
- Preparing for Healthcare Reform
Corporate Secretary | March 26, 2013
Rochester Labor & Employment partner Eric Paley discusses how preparing for provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that go into effect in 2014 could be a big deal for many companies.
- What to Look for in Health Care Reform Mandates Next January
Rochester Business Journal | March 15, 2013
Rochester Corporate partner Jeff LaBarge and Rochester Labor & Employment counsel Kate Saracene co-authored this column discussing the next wave of health care reform compliance mandates.