The world is flat. At least as far as international business is concerned. Regardless of geography, time zone and language constraints, lawyers need to be truly global—working with clients wherever they’re doing business.
Our International attorneys serve in the major international markets, including Europe, Latin America and Asia, providing domestic and overseas clients with counsel informed on a wide range of cross-border transactions and trade matters.
We deliver the solution, no matter where, when or in which currency.
We work from our global offices and with a network of local counsel in countries across the globe to assure prompt, effective service. We also have international initiatives focused on areas where we don’t have offices, such as South Asia, Israel, Africa and Europe.
Lawyers from nearly all of our practice areas have an international component to their work, handling matters for clients across the world, including:
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions
- International private clients and wealth management
- Intellectual property protection (patents, trademarks, copyrights)
- International loan and syndicated loan agreements
- Immigration and global employment issues
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements of all types
- Securities transactions in numerous global exchanges
- International project finance and structured finance arrangements
- International tax and tax planning
- Creation of foreign branches and subsidiaries
- International private equity transactions
- Export issues and U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) matters
Since 1999, Nixon Peabody has been a member of TerraLex®, a selective international network of more than 15,000 lawyers from 155 leading independent law firms located in 100 countries. This membership gives us access to lawyers who have familiarity with local business customs and practices, as well as the right regional connections and depth of jurisdictional knowledge. This membership affords us the opportunity to consult and work with a vast network of legal counsel throughout the world who have been pre-screened by a respected organization.
- Cloud Computing Poses Unique Export Controls Challenges
Law360 | August 6, 2014
Washington, DC, Business Transactions counsel Alexandra Lopez-Casero discusses how U.S. cloud users can stay compliant under the U.S. export control laws.
- 5 Takeaways From Latest US Sanctions Against Russian Cos.
Law360 | July 22, 2014
Washington, DC, Business Transactions counsel Alexandra Lopez-Casero and Washington, DC, Government Investigations & White Collar Defense partner Grayson Yeargin discuss the latest round of U.S. sanctions against Russia and what these mean moving forward.
- Broad New Russia Sanctions Create Compliance Uncertainty
Wall Street Journal | July 17, 2014
Washington, DC, Business Transactions counsel Alexandra Lopez-Casero provides commentary on the latest round of sanctions against Russia by the president’s administration.