Private Clients, Estate, Trust & Financial Planning
PRIVATE CLIENTS, ESTATE, TRUST & FINANCIAL PLANNING
Achieving personal financial goals in today’s turbulent markets is a challenge that Nixon Peabody’s Private Clients Group has recognized and simplified. We offer high net worth individuals and their advisors an integrated spectrum of services to meet all their needs for legal, financial, tax, and investment counsel in a single place.
We work in collaboration with our subsidiary, Nixon Peabody Financial Advisors LLC, to ensure that clients’ assets are maximized and protected and financial goals achieved. Services include:
- Financial planning
- Investment advice and management
- Estate and gift planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care powers)
- Trust and fiduciary services
- Comprehensive income tax services
- Executive benefit planning
- Retirement and education planning
We also advise for-profit and charitable organizations, as well as banks, trust companies, accounting and financial planning firms, and other institutions.
The group includes more than 30 attorneys, as well as financial planners, financial analysts, and certified public accountants. In all areas, our service is exemplary, and our advice is independent, objective, and exclusively motivated by clients’ needs. We welcome partnerships with existing advisors and often work in concert with established planning teams.
Through collaboration with other Nixon Peabody practices, we also offer a full range of related services to our clients, including:
- Guidance and representation on buying and selling commercial real estate
- Recommendations on pensions, employee benefits, disability and life insurance
- Advice on small corporations, partnerships, and venture capital investments
Nixon Peabody’s Estate Planning & Administration practice was recognized in the inaugural “Best Law Firms” rankings by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers (2010), earning metropolitan honors in Boston, Buffalo, and Rochester.
- Larry Cohen Passes Philanthropic ‘Torch' to his Children
The Jewish Advocate | May 10, 2013
This article profiles Boston Private Clients partner Larry Cohen for his longstanding dedication to the Jewish National Fund (JNF) and how he passed this tradition of giving back to his children.
- Decade Later, Same-sex Legal Issues Linger
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly | May 9, 2013
Boston Private Clients partner Jay Rosenbaum and associate Jen Collins discuss the family, employment, and estate law implications of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court’s landmark legalization of same-sex marriage in Goodridge, et al. v. Department of Public Health, et al.
- Fleeing Abroad May Not Cut Your Taxes
Barron's | March 4, 2013
Boston private clients partner Jay Rosenbaum discusses rising international anxiety about the increasing tax burden.