Government Relations & Public Policy
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS & PUBLIC POLICY
We stay ahead of legislative and regulatory challenges, and turn them into opportunities, solving business problems with policy solutions and handling difficult issues that others can’t.
In the fast-moving legislative and regulatory arenas, clients need more than information; they need intelligence and strategic advice. Increasingly, businesses are asking how decisions on Capitol Hill will affect their livelihood:
- Are there important issues under discussion or examination?
- Will the underpinnings of our successful business be modified or undermined?
- Who are our likely champions and who are the detractors?
- Does legislative or regulatory action help or impede our business?
We have the technical and regulatory intelligence that comes from lifetimes spent in public service and the insight that comes from staffers in both houses of Congress and on both sides of the aisle.
The efforts of our policy professionals are enhanced by 600+ attorneys, advisors and policy analysts. A former U.S. Senator and a former U.S. Congressman join former staffers, and professionals who have served in key positions in a broad spectrum of federal and state-level agencies.
Who we work with
- The largest public and private Fortune 500 companies, teaming seamlessly with their in-house government relations staff and management teams.
- A variety of public sector clients—state agencies, municipalities and other governmental entities.
- Nonprofits such as health services companies, trade organizations and colleges and universities also rely on us.
- We are passionate about helping small business and entrepreneurs including start-ups, from concept to launch.
- Takeaways from CFIUS' Latest Win in Court
Law360 | November 12, 2013
This column, authored by Washington, DC, Global Business & Transactions counsel Alexandra Lopez-Casero and Washington, DC, Government Relations & Public Policy counsel Doug Dziak, highlights important takeaways from a District of Columbia federal court decision in favor of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States in a case against Chinese-owned Ralls Corporation.
- Former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown appointed co-chairman of new defense policy advocacy group
The Springfield Republican | June 18, 2013
This coverage notes that Boston Government Relations & Public Policy counsel Scott Brown has been appointed co-chairman of the Bipartisan Coalition for American Security with former U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman.
- Law Column: The JOBS Act
Rochester Business Journal | May 24, 2013
Rochester Global Business & Transactions partner Jeff LaBarge and Washington, DC, Government Relations & Public Policy counsel Doug Dziak co-authored this column providing an update on the JOBS Act.