- Cornell Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Harvard University, A.B., cum laude
SANDRA E. KAHN
Ms. Kahn advises clients on a variety of labor and employment issues such as handling discharges, protecting intellectual property, investigating harassment charges, resolving compensation disputes, and training personnel, and employment law issues in mergers & acquisitions, among others. She represents clients before state and federal courts and agencies, including the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the National Labor Relations Board. Ms. Kahn also advocates for clients in alternative dispute resolution settings including mediation and arbitration. Additionally, she has presented workshops for employers on a variety of topics concerning the employment relationship.
Ms. Kahn was previously the co-editor of Massachusetts Practice Volume 45: Employment Law.
- "The executive exemption: classifying managers," A Matter of Time: Wage-Hour News You Can Use, March 6, 2012.
- "Employee furloughs: cost-saver or liability?," A Matter of Time: Wage-Hour News You Can Use, August 15, 2011. (co-authored with Dale A. Hudson)
- "Massachusetts employers must immediately change how they handle employee documentation in light of the amended Massachusetts personnel records statute," Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, August 19, 2010 (co-authored with Gary J. Oberstein and Jeffrey B. Gilbreth)
- "FMLA protections extended to same-sex and other parents without a biological or legal relationship to a child," Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, June 24, 2010
- "Employers must provide breaks for nursing mothers pursuant to new FLSA amendment," Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, June 1, 2010
- “COBRA changes abound: federal COBRA subsidy extended and New York makes more changes to mini-COBRA law,” Nixon Peabody Benefits Alert, December 22, 2009 (co-authored with Kate Ulrich Saracene)
- “Additional changes to military-related FMLA leave now in effect,” Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, November 20, 2009 (co-authored with Gary J. Oberstein)
- “New FMLA rules require significant changes to FMLA policies and procedures,” Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, December 8, 2008 (co-authored with Gary J. Oberstein)
- “Flip-Flops on Friday: Summertime in the Workplace,” Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, July 3, 2008
- “The Arbitration Fairness Act of 2007 potentially dooms predispute arbitration agreements,” Nixon Peabody Employment Law Alert, August 23, 2007
- Employment Issues in Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence
- Important Developments for Massachusetts Employers
- Employee Handbooks: Company Tool or Employee Weapon?
- Disabilities and Managing Leaves of Absence
- Terminating Employees
- Workplace Investigations
- How to Handle Your First MCAD Case