Whether you’re writing code at 3:00 a.m. or creating a beta for a new medical device, we cover the legal needs and help turn ideas into businesses.
Starting a new business is a time of optimism, energy and enthusiasm. At every corner, you encounter decisions and choices that have an impact on future success. And often the company founders are seeking business experience to round out the technical expertise of the scientists or engineers.
Our Startup team matches your passion step for step, and covers the range of legal concerns you may encounter. We also have experience across numerous industries and technologies, offering advice in the context of the specific business you’re trying to build.
We help emerging companies with:
- Choice of entity and business formation
- Governance matters, including founders agreements, and board and advisory board matters
- Patent, trademark and trade secret protection
- Stock plans, stock options and restricted stock grants
- Employment and consulting agreements
- Work for hires, non-competes and non-solicitation agreements
- License agreements and options to license from research institutions
- Strategic planning and advisory services
- Introductions to funding sources
- Friends and family, angel, venture capital and private equity financing transactions
- Federal and state securities law compliance
- Global business growth opportunities and issues
- FDA and regulatory
We have deep relationships with accelerators in numerous office locations including:
- High Tech Rochester
- LaunchPad Long Island
- Cambridge Innovation Center
- Innovate Pasadena
Our immersion in these communities gives us deep context about your business priorities. That informs our ability to offer services to startups beyond the law—routinely connecting clients with our network of accountants, investment banks, and other business consultants. We offer a high level of partnership in launching your company and driving it forward.
Knowing your legal needs may not match your legal budget, we offer a high level of fee flexibility to fit with your business plan.
We work with
- Social Media
- E-commerce & Retail
- Consumer products
- Medical devices
- Mobile health care technology
- Media and entertainment