We pair the technical knowledge of our Trusts and Estates practitioners with seasoned litigators to provide attentive counsel and effective dispute resolution results.
Being involved in litigation can be stressful. That stress can be compounded when the issues involve family, friends and longstanding relationships.
We provide our clients with the technical advice needed when faced with a trust or estate matter that has become litigious. Armed with such advice, we offer and implement practical solutions to complex tax and fiduciary issues.
Our deep bench of experienced attorneys routinely represents individuals, families, guardians, nonprofit entities and corporate fiduciaries concerning estate, probate, tax and business issues. We work closely with our clients, demystifying each step of the negotiation process to inform and counsel them with creative strategies to avoid litigation and through the litigation process if necessary.
As fiduciaries themselves, our attorneys have the perspective and understanding key to the successful representation of our clients.
We can assist with:
- Will contests
- Probate and estate litigation
- Trust disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Federal and state tax disputes (individual and fiduciary income taxes; estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes)
- Breach of buy/sell agreements
- Business and asset valuation disputes
- Undue influence claims
- Challenges to investment decisions and results
- Cy pres petitions, trust reformation proceedings and complaints for instruction
- Guardianship issues, including Rogers guardianships
- Actions taken by agents under powers of attorney
- Removal and surcharge of fiduciaries
- Disputes involving charitable trusts and foundations
We work with:
- Individuals and families
- Trust companies
- Charitable entities
- Family offices
- Trust beneficiaries
- Corporate fiduciaries
- Trustees and executors